[DML] Re: Subject: Good article/test on radar detection and laser [lidar

[DML] Re: Subject: Good article/test on radar detection and laser [lidar] jamming.

The color of the car makes no difference. It is only used for
identifacation AFTER they have clocked the speed. Standard police
procedure is to aim the laser at the license plate. It is a good,
flat, reflective target. This is why people sell a lense to cover the
license plate that they claim absorbs the laser beam so it can't
bounce back as strong so it is harder to lock on to the return signal
and calculate speed. What it is doing (if it works at all) is to give
you time to slow down if you have a detector. Properly used Laser is
very accurate and can be used at long and short range. It is deadly
when used in pulse mode. He can just shoot you so there is NO warning.
Luckly they do not use it that way much. Among the best detectors is
the Valentine but it is the most expensive. Bottom line is if you are
going too fast and you hit a laser trap you are probably going to get
a ticket.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757