RE: [DML] Can't get door open

When this happens to me, this is what I have done.
I hate to admit this, but you can gently "kick" the door near the latch with
flat side of your
foot to push the door in, or bend your knees and lean your butt into the
door and press as hard as you can while locking/unlocking the door.
If you can open the other side, go in and roll down the windows so that you
can
reach in and operate the lock and the handle, and have more to grab on to.

You have to understand what is going on, the door lock is hung up on one of
the latches
because the door latch on one side was not all the way closed, now the lock
is hung up.
You need to get the door to close all the way while jiggling the lock free.
Sometimes I need to shift the lock back and forth a bunch of times.
Once it catches, it wil spring open, but do not try to force the handle or
you could break it off!

In a worse case scenerio, you might have to crawl in from the other side,
pull the door panel off from the inside, and manipulate or even remove the
door lock rods from the inside to open the door. I had to do this once, and
it was a BITCH.

This problem is usually caused by your strikers being out of alignment.
The trick is to usually move them out, and not in.
This gives more for the door to bite onto.
Some cars simply never get a perfect alignment.
I think it is due to age and hot weather, I think that the whole body, over
time will begin
to bow like a boat and warp from age and heat, or from slow separation of
the top and bottom
halves or something, because I have seen cars that just don't fit together
right anymore.
I don't know if this possible, I could be completely full of shit! (which is
most likely) - LOL

Try leaning into the door and unlocking it.
That's what I always do.
- VB