[DML] Re: CAR NEARLY STOLEN

I must have lucked out or something....

When I had my first Delorean (which was a BTTF Conversion) we had
set up at a local Sci-Fi convention and had TONS of people come by.
I never realized the implications, but we had business cards for my
other stuff there at the show - clearly marked with our home mailing
address.

Ends up a couple days after the show my neighbors saw someone
working their way around my Garage trying to get it. Luckily the
loser got spooked before they could get into the Garage and took off.

-Gary

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Alistair McCann" <pilot25dmc@xxxx>
wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I went round to my dads house tonight to check on the Delorean and
do my usual running of the engine for ten minutes.

> Well upon arriving at my dads I noticed that the garage door was
open and my jack was lying in the middle of the yard.

> I didnt really think much of this as my dad has a guy who cuts
that lawn so I thought that he was about.  Getting out of the car I
noticed that the lawnmower was still in the garage and that my rear
tyre was flat????  What the hell I thought.........It was then to my
utter amazement that I noticed that my tool chest had gone which
contained ALL MY TOOLS, My entire set of ORIGINAL NCT TYRES and my
BRAND NEW FRONT WHEEL THAT I ONLY GOT 3 WEEKS
AGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh and my new
battery jump starter which I only got 2 weeks ago.

> They had SLASHED THE DAMN TYRE ON THE CAR BECAUSE IT WAS LOCKED
and to make things even more strange they did not take a £90 jack
and left a £300 permabag/carcoon.  I am in bits as this could have
been so much worse.

> Please everyone go and kiss your cars and tell them you love her,
because this could have been anyone of us.  I am so pissed off that
these people got into my garage and took my stuff, what are they
going to do with it??????  The only car that willtake DELOREAN NCT
TYRES are BLOODY DELOREANS YOU STUPID

> This is all because of JZD dying and these guys knowing I have
this car, I should never have been on tv or the radio talking about
it, these people are scum.