[DML] In memory of John Z. DeLorean

       I have seen so many touching postings on the passing of John but I
wasn't sure if I could sum up the passing in words, but I felt that I had to give
it a shot..

       Those who dare to dream,

       On Saturday night the world saw the passing of an icon. But what made
John        De Lorean a legend?  All of us have dreams, some larger then
others, but it takes a special man to turn the largest, and some would say
impossiable, dreams into reality, John was one of those few men.  I just got back from
Mr. De Lorean's wake, and although it was time of sorrow for those who knew
and admired John, it was also a celebration of a magnificent life.  How many
people can say that they had the kind of lasting impact upon the world that John
did?  Because of his efforts there are thousands of examples of his dream on
the road today, and millions of people know the De Lorean name.
       The media will tend focus on the shortcomings, and the defeats as the
media often does, but to paraphrase what Theodore Roosevelt once said about
the man who takes risks, "whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who
strives valiantly, who errs and comes short again and again because there is
not effort without error and shortcoming, but who does actually strive to do
the deed, who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends
himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the triumphs of high
achievements and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring
greatly."
John De Lorean left the world with a great legacy and a great story of daring
to dream.  His dreams became our dreams, and we continue to carry on the
dream of owning the best car on the road, a car with class, and above all a car
with history.  But a person's greatest legacy is their loved ones that they
leave behind, and for John that was his wife Sally and his children Zachary,
Kathryn, and Sheila.  At this time of sorrow nothing will change their loss, but I
only hope that they will take some comfort in the fact that so many of us all
over the world admired John and his work.

The Dream Lives On,

Andrew
4194