[DML] Re: car mysteriously dies 2 years in a row

[DML] Re: car mysteriously dies 2 years in a row

Andy - I would take a serious look at the inertia switch.  Noah also
had another good suggestion, so you have some things to consider.
When I bought my car, the inertia switch had been unplugged, and
replaced with a very large paper clip to complete the circuit.  The
plug on the end of the wire harness was also melted somewhat.  I
asked the PO about it, and he muttered something about the car dying
sometimes, and that this was the "accepted workaround".  Yikes!  We
also recently had a local car with intermittent issues, and we
replaced the inertia switch.  The electrical terminals on the switch
had been obviously overheated over a period of time, and the plastic
housing was deformed.  We have inertia switches in stock just in
case this turns out to be the issue in your case.

***Note the carefully trimmed quote below! (grin)***

Toby Peterson  VIN 2248 "Winged1"
DeLorean Parts Northwest, LLC
www.delorean-parts.com

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Soma576@xxxx wrote:

> Hey group,
>
> After all the talk about getting the cars out I did the same
today.  Unfortunately my D died on me 5 times in 45 minutes.