[DML] Re: Engine Support Questions

>From the pictures I have to guess that the car had some frame rot and
what you can see done was the removal of the rotten metal and
replacement with new. From what I can tell in the pictures it looks
like it was done well. You may want to get a local expert to actually
look the repair over, there are some things you will see in person
that you will not see in a picture. It is "normal" for some frame rot
in this area depending on how the car was stored and taken care of. Be
sure to look over the front frame area too. Rot is common there also
and if you had some work done in the rear it is very likely some was
done in the front (or it needs some work).
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Todd Nelson <tan5732@xxxx> wrote:

> I have been looking at a DeLorean and have noticed that the owner
recently had some extra support pieces welded onto both sides of the
main engine support member.  Is it fairly normal for this support to
weaken over time and require extra bracing?  It looked like the job
was done well and was covered up with a coating to protect the new
metal.  The owner said this was just a precautionary measure and not a
result of the support actually breaking.  I put a few photos of the
area up in the following links...