[DML] Re: Deans List 2005

Well DUH! Dean! A car's value depends upon rarety. How many of these
Ferraris & Hemi 'Cuda Convertibles were manufactured, versus how many
DeLoreans were built? Last time I checked, it was like 10 of
these 'Cudas, versus almost 10,000 DeLoreans.

Besides, I'm happy to know that my car will never be worth $100K.
That means that it'll remain affordable for the next generation to
take charge and drive.

Kinda makes me wonder. Is Dean, and other people who attend these
auctions into the car hobby because they dig on vehicles and enjoy
them? Or is it all about the almighty dollar? Investing in cars is
one of the stupidest things you can do with your money. Spending cash
on a car, is really investing in yourself, to get a return on
happiness from your work/passion.

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "R / R" <chach4@xxxx> wrote:

> Today's Chicago Tribune (3/13/2005) had the 2005 Dean Kruse's "Deans
> List" of collectible cars and today's values.
>
> Top spot was the 1959-61 Ferrari Test Rossa Race Car at $4-6
> Million..yes that's 6 ZEROS!!!!!! followed by the 1970 CUDA
Convertible
> at $1.5-2 Million .....all the way to a 1960 Volkswagen
Vanagon "Love