[DML] Re: Getting Ready to Buy

I've thought the same thing - if a particular car is potentially
worth $15,000+, and worth paying someone $750 to truck it across the
country, why isn't it worth a $250 plane ticket to see it first? It
may turn out to be your best investment in the car, especially if you
decide that the seller is lying and you avoid a 5-figure headache.

Buying blind might be worth the risk on a non-running/parts car, but
if you are buying what you expect to be a good-excellent condition
car, you, or a very trusted advisor, need to see it first.

With some shopping and flexibilty about flying at odd times, there
are not many places you can't get to on the cheap.

Dave S (Looked at a (non DMC) car today in Baltimore, will come back
out in two weeks and drive it home to IL.)

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "darryl" <dtinnerstet@xxxx> wrote:

> <<do I venture driving the car several hundred miles
> home from possible points of purchase, or use someone like
> Dependable Auto Shippers to get it back home?>>
>
> Advice from someone with experience - #1, spend the airfare or make
the drive to check the car out in person, and #2, either drive it
home or tow it yourself.  I have had 2 non-running DeLoreans shipped
cross country to me, and shipped one with 81 miles on it all the way
to Switzerland, all with no problems.