[DML] RE: Getting Ready to Buy

<<do I venture driving the car several hundred miles
home from possible points of purchase, or use someone like
Dependable Auto Shippers to get it back home?>>

Advice from someone with experience - #1, spend the airfare or make the drive to check the car out in person, and #2, either drive it home or tow it yourself.  I have had 2 non-running DeLoreans shipped cross country to me, and shipped one with 81 miles on it all the way to Switzerland, all with no problems.  But with one a couple years ago, I watched in horror as the truck driver slipped the clutch so badly the car was engulfed in smoke!  And the latest episode was with the sale of BLWNAWY - I loaded the car onto the small rollback truck myslf and all was in order.  But for long distance transport they had to transfer it to a larger car hauler, maybe several times.  When the car arrived in Texas the clutch was apparently shot.  The transport company was Dependable Auto Shippers, so beware.  There is no way to prove they did anything wrong, but I have a witness to it being okay before it left (another potential buyer who drove it the day before it was sold).

Darryl T.