Re: [DML] Re: Turbo PRV.

I am fitting a Renault 25 turbo engine to my DeLorean. Although on the
face of it it's quite dissimilar, with the use of an aftermarket
distributorless ECU, the whole engine can be rebuilt identical to a
DeLorean's (sump, crank case, timing cover, water pump, AC etc), the
only difference will be the top of the engine with a much smaller intake
manifold, single large throttle body sitting flat on the top centre, and
a dirty great Garrett T3 at the back.

The other day I was talking to an old-timer at our Renault supplier. He
went all misty eyed at the thought of a 25 turbo saying that "we never
managed to get it to top out. We ran out of road at 148 and it was still
pulling...".

On the inside, the Z7U (25 turbo ) engine is quite different, with
forged pistons, sodium cooled valves, an even fire crank and 2458cc, but
externally it's still a PRV. You can basically build it however you like.

Martin