RE: [DML] April 30 exotic car show in Celebration Florida..

-----Original Message-----
From: Marc Levy [mailto:malevy_nj@xxxxxxxxx]
Subject: [DML] April 30 show in Florida.

 I know you don't need a tux like the Ferraristi (I think that's slang for
Ferrari owners but spell-check doesn't like it!) because my wife Debby and I
where there last year and the exotic car people were not only civil but
actually very nice even though I don't own a tux either! The dinner is
optional anyway but we had a great time and I highly recommend it. A suit
and tie will do just fine but I don't think a tee shirt and bare feet will
work (are you reading this Walt?). Seriously though last years show was one
of the best car shows I've ever attended and I've been to a few! The cost to
bring your car last year last year was $50.00 and ALL the money goes to the
"Make-a- wish" and "Give kids the world" foundations which are fantastic
causes. Show how much class we as DeLorean owners have by shelling out the
$50.00 to enter your car regardless of condition and believe me you won't
feel like the "low end of the food chain"(no offense meant to you Mike as we
all have our own opinions) by the way you're treated there.  That we were
invited despite the fact that our cars were the least expensive there to me
is the sincerest form of flattery. Many spectators didn't seem to know nor
care that most of the cars there cost five to one hundred plus times what
our cars cost us. Our cars were put in a great spot near the hotel and
received a LOT of favorable attention. The show had not of the stuffy
politics I've seen at much lesser shows. As an incentive I will extend a 10%
discount on parts to everyone who enters the concourse for six months after
the show (some but not all kits are included in this offer).

The head organizer Jeff Ippoliti, who owns several Ferrari's AND a DeLorean
BTW, is not only a class act but pulled out all the stops to make the
DeLorean people (including Deb and I) feel at home. Just ask the DeLorean
owners who stayed for the after-show party with free food and drinks if they
left feeling like second tier citizens...I think not! If you like exotic
cars and can make this show but choose not to IMHO I'd be tempted to look
for a hole in your head! Uhh oh! I'd better sign off before I put my foot in
my mouth again!

Hope to see you there,

Rob Grady

Does anyone have a cost estimate on this show?

http://www.celebrationexoticcars.com/

"Black tie dinner"?  Your telling me these people get
dressed up in tuxedo's for a car show?

A suit is one thing, but this DeLorean owner does not
own a tux.  :(