Re: [DML] Re: Air Conditioning

Maybe you all can give me  some advice about my A/C problems
since this is such a "hot" topic (pun fully intended).

'Tis the season - we're facing 85 here and that means "hot" is just
around the corner.  My A/C needs work but I wanted to have a better
idea of what I might be facing before I take it somewhere.

Here's the background.  When I bought the car last year and had it
worked on the A/C really wasn't a priority so all EuroService did was
to recharge with FR12 and tell me it wasn't really blowing very cold.
His notes on the bill say:

Car has no a/c cooling.  Check and find no freon in system.  Trace
leak to charging port schrader valve.  Replace valve core evacuate.
Heald vacuum for 3 days.  Charge a/c with FR12.  Cold air from
vents.   Vents in poor condition and air handling system in general
needs attention.

I'm not anxious to take the car back to him, although for no
particular reason other than he's frightfully expensive and slow, so I
thought I'd take it somewhere else armed with whatever you all can
guess at from my description.

Dave T especially,you seem to be a D guru and I value your intuition
and opinion from my usual lurk mode.

thanks guys...............LP