[DML] Re: PRV Performance

All this Volvo owner wants is to enjoy driving his car.  Enjoyment
includes a degree of performance balanced with reliability.  If there
are ways to change the B28F from 130 hp to a B28 with more torque and
hp then I'm interested.  Especially if the engine retains its
original configuration, e.g. K-Jet and N/A.  I've been lucky to get
the cams and pistons used in the B28E and would like to optimize
these.  To have headers made is also a reasonable cost for the
benefit, so I'll have that done too.  As I've read the posts to this
thread (Thanks so much!!)I think I've learned a lot in response to my
inital question.  The K-Jet Lambda system that I have in it's basic
form should be adequate for my application.  The warm-up regulator
that I currently have is a 004 which does not have any vacuum
function to it and I don't have the micro switch enrichment circuit
either.  I like the idea of keeping the closed-loop Lambda system to
keep things "adjusted" as variables change (air density, et al...).
I'd like to have a fuel enrichment system of some sort that will
complement the mods I'm going to do (pistons, cams, head porting,
headers).  I've got a new Bosch 949 fuel pump and two sets of 013
injectors to play with.  All the injectors have been in service for
over 25 years and don't display any problems, but I'm inclined to
send a set of six of them to John H to have them checked and cleaned
for optimization.  I'll probably do the same with my fuel distributor
while I'm having the pistons and cams done.
Current ignition is stock.  Not sure what to do there.  Maybe it's
adequate?  Not sure but it works fine now.  Currently running 10
degrees static advance with the CO at 1%.  I've got a B28E ignition
distributor that doesn't have the twin barb timing delay solenoid
vacuum advance.  I'll replace my current distributor with the B28E to
see if the advance curve is improved.  I'm considering running
ignition with a static timing of 13 degrees and a CO of 2% (no cat)
but will have those adjusted for the best tune with all other
components considered.
I have a spare CPR (018) that does have the vacuum enrichment
function and I'll consider replacing my current one with it.  Still
not sure what's the best way to go with fuel enrichment but I don't
think changing the CPR will hurt. Still looking for inputs on this
situation.
My car is not a Delorean.  It is a Volvo 262C (4 speed with OD)and to
me a nice car in itself that I enjoy driving.  I won't be twin
turboing it, or taking it to DMCH for an engine mod.  I also won't be
driving it to England for the tuning work that Martin does, although
I'd like to.  I'm sure most Delorean drivers would like improved
performance but can't see going the DMCH or turbo route and don't
have access to Martin except through the forum.  I don't think DMCH
or DMUK would be losing any customers by making there mods known.
There are those folks that will still go to the experts at DMCH or
DMUK to have these things done "right" or at least to buy the parts
needed for the mod.
I guess what I'm hoping to hear is "well, you got these components so
set it up this way" or "get this bit to replace that bit and you'll
notice a difference".  I'm beginning to see that it's not that simple
and have really enjoyed the input in this forum.  I haven't found any
place else that has the folks and desire for the PRV that is found
here.  Thanks again!!  And keep the recommendations coming!!  Rick