[DML] Re: PRV Performance - Set me straight please

[DML] Re: PRV Performance - Set me straight please

Any properly running IC engine is going to run hot. Hot is not around
200-220 degrees F. Hot would be 240-250. Of course you will burn your
finger touching it at that temp. A painful way to measure temp IMHO.
Much easier on your fingers to use one of those new-fangled infra-red
non-contact temperature gauges. There are hotter spots. Around the
exhaust pipes for instance. BTW check out the wire that goes to the
oil sender on the left (port) side. Usually when I look at them they
are "Crispy Critters"! As for the alternator, the temp affects output
more than life. As the temp increases the resistance of the wiring
inside increases reducing total available output. The engine bay on a
Delorean isn't that much hotter than most cars. If it is maybe you
have exhaust leaks or your cooling fans are coming on too late. A
Delorean is one of the few cars I know that has the catalytic
converter AND the muffler in the engine bay! Most like this are
air-cooled like the old VW bug. Now they get HOT!
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757