Re: [DML] Re: PRV Performance - Set me straight please

Re: [DML] Re: PRV Performance - Set me straight please

I just want to make it very clear that our setup (DMUK) is totally
different and developed independently of DMCH's. Ours is simply a way of
getting the most out of a stock DeLorean engine by replacing anything to
do with the emissions control system, and then taking advantage of the
different fuelling. This means there can be no catalytic converter. Our
annual emissions testing for a car built in 1981 is a simple CO test at
idle. The allowable level is 4.5% and we tune ours to 1.5-2%, no cat.

It took quite a bit of research and more than a bit of hit-and-miss to
work out a system that did what we wanted. My own car, #1458 was one of
three "test cars" which basically got secondhand parts thrown at it. My
car gained considerably in torque and truly made it a quick car that's a
lot of fun to drive. I have never dyno'd it. I don't need to, I know how
it goes, and so do our customers who have had the upgrade performed, and
those who have tried to keep up with me! Anyone having the upgrade
performed gets new parts, in case anyone wonders!

Because it's business, I'm not about to go and tell everyone how to do
this (sorry) but I do know it's totally different from DMCH's approach -
their engine still uses the lambda system for example. Their engine -is-
more powerful, but it puts out considerably less low-end torque
-in-my-opinion- than our setup.

I can say with confidence that the exact setup we create was never used
on any Volvo or Renault. It is a hybrid of several systems, with a
couple of new ingredients thrown in.

Martin
DMUK