[DML] Re: PRV Performance - Set me straight please

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Rick" <rdevaux@xxxx> wrote:

> How does one go about tuning the K-Jet ECU for a Lambda less than
> 1.0? <

I should mention that shifting your mixture from stoich to best power
isn't going to get you much. It'll give you a bit more power but lower
fuel ecomony and higher emissions. Without other mods it may not be
worth the hassle. Once you get past that you'll need to increase
volumetric efficiency and that means flowling more air through the
engine or upping the compression ratio, ect, with fuel to match.

At some point you'll run into the metering limitations of the K Jet.
You can cheat a bit by increasing fuel pressure, adding bigger lines,
injectors, even a higher flow FV to control it all. But you'll
eventually run into the limitations of the mixture distributor. Plus
you'll be throwing all this effort at a system that isn't very good at
what it does to begin with. The K Jet is pretty "stupid" in the sense
it doesn't know anything about other engine variables that are
important for tight mixture control.

Keep in mind a best power mixture isn't the holy grail anyway. My
daily driver is a modified turbo car that makes nearly 500 RWHP and it
easily passes emissions because it runs at stoich, not best power. Not
that mixture control isn't important, when running loads of boost an
engine better have a good metering system to control mixture or it'll
go boom. My point is mixture alone isn't what puts power to the ground
so don't become too focused on a lambda less than 1.