Re: [DML] A/C or Cooling Fan Bug

Jeremiah,
You didn't say if the A/C compressor was kicking in when you turned on the
A/C. The fans are controlled by the same circuit, so this is a key factor.

If the compressor wasn't cycling, then something is blocking the signal.
Check behind the right front wheel where the high/low switches are. Make
sure the connections are clean and solid. If they are loose, they will open
the circuit preventing the compressor from running as well as the fans.
While there, you can use a multi meter to confirm the switches are closed
when everything is at rest.

If the compressor was cycling, then there is probably something wrong with
the diode. This diode allows the otterstat and A/C circuit to control the
fans separately. Without it, the A/C compressor will engage when the fans
turn on to cool down the engine. You can find the diode in the electrical
compartment on the main wiring harness. Using a multi meter, check for
voltage on both sides of the diode when the A/C compressor is engaged
(engine temp should be below 220 while testing). If you have a major drop
or no voltage at all on one side, then the diode is bad.

I hope this helps,
Chris
VIN 4099