[DML] A/C or Cooling Fan Bug

Hey guys.

Quick question.

Was driving car today - went to "Vent" on.  As I put
the knob on "Max", I noticed my fans didn't come on,
nor did the "Cooling Fan Fail" light come on (using
FanFix 2x2).  Neither the light nor the fans came on
in "Max", "Norm", or "Bilevel".  Turned on my
"Override Failed Otterstat" switch, cooling fan fail
light and fans came on.  Turned the override switch
off, parked car, let temp get up to 220.  Gauge hit
220, fans kicked on, cooling fan fail light came on.
Temp got down to 197, fans turned off, cooling fan
fail light turned off.

Now......that the fans had come on as normal, I put
the knob on "Max"....fans now came ON and the cooling
fan fail light turned on.  Put knob on "Off", fans
turned off and cooling fan fail light turned off.
Obviously something is sticking or failing a little
bit.  My question is what?  I haven't gone through the
DML backissues, nor have I really sat down and found
the problem in the workshop manual (especially since
the A/C schematic has no legend on it so it's just
about impossible for us "n00bs" to figure out what is
what), so please bear with me if it's something really
simple.  I wanted to type all this out before I forgot
any subtle details.

Thanks for your time and thoughts.

Jeremiah

http://mail.yahoo.com