[DML] Re: Started my frame-off restoration!

[DML] Re: Started my frame-off restoration!

There's an important note here in the last line of Nick's post. I
can't imagine doing a "2-weekend frame swap" and just using all the
old parts over (pre-staging a re-done frame is a different issue, and
a great idea if you can't stand the idea of keeping your car off the
road for a long time and have the resources). The "while I'm in
there" bug will certainly bite.

Once you get it apart, you'll see that if the frame is bad so is a
ton of other stuff. And you'll want to spend time cleaning and
detailing every part. And since the engine is so accessible, it's a
great time for degreasing, doing exhaust gaskets, pan gasket, etc
etc. Powdercoating suspension parts, replacing ball joints, etc. Then
there's that all-stainless fuel line set, a new radiator and so on.
Budget 2X the $$ and 5X the time you think it will take!

Dave S (still working on #2466 - engine is out and now looks like
new!)

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, nicholden@xxxx wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have just recently had my frame blasted and powdercoated and had
> also concidered all the things you mentioned.
[snip]