[DML] Re: Started my frame-off restoration!

[DML] Re: Started my frame-off restoration!

Hi,

I have just recently had my frame blasted and powdercoated and had
also concidered all the things you mentioned.
I found a guy who instead of sand used metal grit to blast with which
is a lot more abzasive and did a good job of stripping all the epoxy.
I really drummed it into him that i needed ALL the epoxy off and not
just most of it. I then found a powdercoater that dipped the frame in
a rust preventative solution prior to coating and once again stressed
to him that he must get his powder coat in all the holes and cracks.
Once i got the frame back and before i started to re-assemble it i
bought some fish oil ( a rust preventative coating ) and sprayed it
inside all the parts of the frame that are not easily accesable later.

Best of luck and it took me twice as long and cost twice as much as i
thought as it seems a crime to put old parts back on a new frame.

Cheers Nick 10927