[DML] My New Can of Spinach

Hi everyone!

I figured I should share a recent positive experience I had amidst
many tough ones.  As for the title, I consider my Delorean my new
can of spinach (popeye reference) because of the way it makes me
feel.

As you guys know, I posted a little while back about my Delorean
that needs some help since the original engine was blown.  Well the
bank didn't care and therefore I had to hurry and get the VIN
verified before they could issue the title etc.  Sadly, I couldn't
convince the people to drive half a mile down the road to do it in
my garage and therefore had to hire a couple guys with a truck and
car trailer to tow it down there.

And so the story begins.  Since there is no engine I had to cleverly
construct a little invention out of nuts and bolts to properly
secure the rear wheel rotors and wheels onto the car.  Once that was
accomplished I tested it to make sure the vehicle would roll and
thankfully it did, very smoothly.  Yet again, another obstacle.
After spending two weeks trying to get the car rolling, I forget the
keys 60 miles away and the front wheels are locked.  After much
internal yelling and kicking myself, we managed to use a jack and
push the front end around as necessary to get it onto the car
trailer.  Needless to say, without an engine the Delorean is light
enough for me to push by myself.

Now this is where the fun starts.

The car is on the trailer and we begin our half mile trip down to
the local Jiffy Lube.  I had to follow the trailer because there
wasn't room in the truck.  I'd have to say this experience made all
my craziness absolutely worth it.  As we traveled, I watched
everyone and I mean absolutely EVERYONE staring at the car.
Pointing, smiling, people walking and actually stopping to point.
By the time we got to Jiffy Lube I nearly had a group of people
standing around the car.  I know the Delorean is Stainless Steel but
was a huge magnet installed in it too?  Anyways, I spoke to many
onlookers and had a great time explaining the voyage of this car.
One of the funniest sites I'd have to say I have ever seen is when a
biker on a really nice Harley watched the car pass by him and then
actually drove up next to it practically staring it down.  He was
smiling and seemed to be having a good time simply looking at the
car.

All in all, I just wanted to share my experience.  After 3 weeks of
grinding rust and putting lots of love into this car, it was really
nice to see it light up peoples faces.

At this point I'm thinking of buying a used Delorean engine till I
can find the perfect engine to upgrade it with.  I'm still talking
to the guy with the Lotus, but we'll see if he works something out :)
If anyone has a used engine they are willing to sell in the
meantime, please send me an email.

Thanks for listening,

Brandon N.
Vin 3323