[DML] re-DeLorean Turbo Question

Your post doesn't offer any clues as to your expertice with a project like
this. There are numerous obstacles to overcome and none of the previously
offered kits are available any longer. When I turbocharged my DeLorean I
thought I could beat the then advertised BAE single turbo kit price of
$1800. In the end I spent at least that much and today's price would be
considerably more than that. There was an excellent article in Gullwing
magazine an issue or two back regarding the trials and tribulations of
installing a turbo on the DeLorean. If you haven't read it you might try Ron
Wester at
gullwing-magazine@xxxxxxxxxxxxx to see if there are back issues available.
While you're at it you might want to subscribe, it's a great magazine.

Bruce Benson

> [...]
> > number of DeLorean's in the southeastern U.S., particularly in Florida,
> > and we're quite pleased by the positive reactions from owners who have
> > received advance notice of the opening," Wynne concluded.
> >
> > The owner of three DeLoreans, including a concours winner, a daily
> > driver and the only known surviving prototype, Tony has had a long love
> > affair with the DeLorean and the story behind it.
> >
> > "I bought my first DeLorean, which was still new and untitled at the
> > original dealer in 1994, but first saw a DeLorean in 1981, when I was
> > 13. The dream stuck in my head, and it's been a passion ever since,"
> > Tony said today.
> >
> > "We've put together a beautiful, brand-new facility for DeLorean owners
> > to send or bring their cars, and have spent a great deal of time
> > undergoing intensive training in the idiosyncrasies of the DeLorean with
> > the crew in Houston. Whether it be routine service, body repair or a
> > full-restoration, we're ready to take care of the DeLorean owners in the
> > region," Tony said.
> >
> > Other regions are under consideration for expansion, as well. The North
> > Central U.S., Pacific Northwest and/or Northern California are the most
> > likely candidates for new DeLorean service facilities.
> >
> > As the world's largest source for new, new old stock, and reproduction
> > DeLorean parts, it makes sense that DMC (Texas) is also the largest
> > service and restoration facility as well. Based in suburban Houston, DMC
> > (Texas) also sells remanufactured and pre-owned DeLoreans worldwide.
> >

> > For more information, contact:
> > Tony Ierardi
> > tony@xxxx
> > DeLorean Motor Company (Florida)
> > 9786 Bonita Beach Road, Suite 4
> > Bonita Springs, FL 34135
> > 877-DELOREAN
> > http://www.dmcflorida.com
> >

> > James Espey
> > james@xxxx
> > DeLorean Motor Company (Texas)
> > 15023 Eddie Drive
> > Humble, TX 77396
> > 800-USA-DMC1
> > http://www.delorean.com

> Message: 8
>    Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 07:28:57 -0000
>    From: "sa_mehn" <sascha.mehn@xxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: New Pictures of hidden treasures @ NBC Universal
>

> Dear Friends,
>
> Last weekend I by whatever reason I found myself inside the
> Universal Studios of Hollywood CA.
>
> As i got the opportunity to individually tour the area I certainly
> looked at the original set of BTTF----period.....
>
> Then I tried to find a original DMC12 used as a prop....
>
> After a while - in a Backlot - hidden under a soaking wet cover - I
> found what I was searching for - a poor example of the DMC History...
>
> But maybe there will be better days for this poor fellow :-)
>
> Greetings out of Beverly Hills / Berlin
>
> SAM
>
> Pictures are in the Gallery ->Snyder than ->Poor Universal BTTF2

inspected and tested the car to