[DML] Re: How to make the doors work right???

[DML] Re: How to make the doors work right???

Tom, you need to sit in the car and watch all areas of the seals as
you slowly bring the door down.  Make notes where the seal is being
caught and folded under.  Then, remove the A and B pillar and the
headliner trim piece.  Now try closing the door again.  If it doesn't
catch on anything (assuming parts of the new seal aren't perminently
deformed yet) then your problem rests on those trim pieces where you
saw them catching.  They would need to somehow be adjusted to allow
the seals some breathing room.  The A/B pillar pieces are vinyl with
foam on the back.  If you re-glued them tighter to the plastic core,
the foam would compress more and they would shrink in size.  For the
headliner, the fiberboard core would need to be trimmed and then
recovered.  This process worked for me.

Jim Reeve
MNDMC - Minnesota DeLorean Club
DMC6960