[DML] Re: Cooling System Problems - still

[DML] Re: Cooling System Problems - still

I thought you developed the "overheat protector" in 1996...?  Is 86 a
typo?

At any rate, just for the record, and giving credit where credit is
due...I believe that Toby Peterson, working with other Pacific
Northwest DeLorean Club members, actually developed the bleed kit a
few years before you did.  I know that they in fact had installed
these kits on at least 12 cars between 1993 and 1994.

Not trying to dimish your efforts Joe...I still give you kudos for
realizing the idea on your own.

FYI
Dave Jacobs

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Joe LoRe" <dmcjoe@xxxx> wrote:

> From the description of Woody's original problem it appears to be
> related to air bubbles trapped at the thermostat. There is a simple
> test to determine if trapped air is the problem.
>
> Do the following start the car and allow it to run at idle speed
> until the temperature reaches approximately 210 degrees. That would
> place the temperature gauge needle just below the 220 mark. At that
> point gun the engine eight to ten times. While the engine continues
> to run at idle speed observe the temperature gauge needle. If the
> temperature rapidly drops the problem is caused by trapped air at
the
> thermostat.
>
> I wrote an article on this subject several years ago when I
marketed
> the "Overheat Protector".
>
> Here is part of what I wrote:

[moderator snip]