[DML] Audio system solutions?

Greetings, list!  Hopefully before too long here, I'll be taking  possession
of a 1981 DeLorean.  Good ol' DMCH has a pretty nifty mounting  bracket
available for installing standard DIN-sized radios and CD players, as  I'm sure most
everyone here has heard of.

My questions, unfortunately, are not all simple.  At least,  they don't seem
to be to me.  :)  I've never done much with car audio,  so I'm pretty
uncertain as to how everything works and is setup.  What I'm  looking to do is,
install four 6x9s in my car.  Two on the back parcel  shelf with a speaker box, and
two in the footwells.  I'd like to mate these  6x9s to an Alpine CDA-9833.

What 6x9s would one recommend?  Do I need an amplifier?  Any good  brands
worth mentioning?  I'm not looking for LOUD SOUND.  I'm looking  for good volume
(louder than the car's engine & wind noise, but not  head-banging loud), and
good clarity.  I'd also like to reduce the car's  overall wind & engine noise.
I believe SpecialTauto has a dampening  kit.  Does that really do the trick?
Or is there any other methods I  could employ to reduce overall traveling
noise?  Any suggestions?

The CDA-9833 has an overall peak output of 60 watts, and an RMS rating  of 26
watts.  Here's another question: Is 26 watts multiplied by the number  of
speakers?  Or is it divided?  For example, will each of my four  speakers be
getting 26 watts?  Or would each speaker get 6.5  watts? 6.5 x 4 = 26

Or am I misunderstanding the concept entirely?

Is there anything else at all that I should consider?

One thing I would like to mention is, I don't want any permanent mods made
to the car (and, if there has to be some, I would really like to keep them to a
 bare minimum).  I've already decided *not* to cut the factory mounting
bracket, and to just buy a custom one from DMCH.  Is there anything I  should know
before diving in?  If I decide to have the job professionally  done, what
should I look for in an installer?

And more importantly, how should I go about on doing this?

Thanks a ton, list!

-William F.