Re: [DML] Re: Damaged DeLoreans

--- content22207 <brobertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In the past 30 days, wind and ice have zapped 3
> Southern DeLoreans:
> - Myself (Q Panel)
> - Derek (Hood)
> - Joe (Fender & Windshield)
> Ordinarily, life south of the Line is good...
>
> Unfortunately not all owners have garages.

I agree with your points.  My DeLorean sits outside
24/7; I have no garage.  I have been great friends
with everyone that lives around me, so alot of people
keep their eyes on my car for me when I'm not around.
I have my DeLorean parked near the management office
where there almost always is a fresh set of eyes.
We've had some people heavily partying very close to
the area my DeLorean is parked in; I just have faith
that the residents will keep their friends on a leash.
 If not, someone other than me will pay for it.  Now 2
weeks ago, we did have a sizeable windstorm with winds
averaging at times 45-55 mph.  Since my area was hit
by Ivan just 3 months ago and I park under trees
(which may still be weak or have weak branches), I
moved both my vehicles from their normal parking
spots.  Nothing happened but still...no chances..

Last night, someone's Nissan Sentra was involved in a
hit and run rear end while sitting in its parking
spot, crushing its rear lense and damaging the rear
bumper...maybe at most 30 feet at almost a 90 degree
angle from where my DeLorean sits.  After reading
about the DeLorean recently vandalized and than seeing
that Nissan nailed pretty badly in under 30 minutes, I
lost a hour of sleep or so =P.  That's ok; I woke up
at 10 today =P.

I think I'll be reutilizing my car cover...out of
sight out of mind..

Jeremiah

http://mail.yahoo.com