[DML] Re: DMC (Texas) Addresses SonnyV

I must say that I too am suprised at the amount of time it took for
DMCH to respond to this issue.  While reading it, I was under the
mindset of 'too little, too late'.  When reading Marc Levy's reply,
which had facts to back it up, I saw even more that this 'apology' was
nothing more than a PR move.  While there may not be any more to
disclose about this situation by DMCH, I feel that no matter what we
hear it would never be enough for everyone.  I don't agree with what
was done by DMCH and how they wrote this apology, but what else should
we all expect out of this?

On a more alarming note, is Marc Levy mentioning that Delorean.com
(the official website of Delorean Texas)  has the names of other
companies in the meta tags of their website, which can affect the
results of a search.  While 'smarter' search engines aren't affected
as much, others are.  A search on Google and Yahoo for PJ Grady does
not bring up DMCH on at least the first two pages.  On Ask Jeeves
(ask.com) DMCH is second only to pjgrady.com.

Recent lawsuits and court decisions have shown that it is illegal and
copyright / trademark infringment to use another company's name in web
advertising involving keywords.  The fact that PJ Grady and also
Delorean Moter Center (also appearing in their website code) were
explicitly put into DMCH's website, is a clear violation of trademark
protection and they can be held liable.

Without divulging details, DMCH seemed to act swiftly regarding
another form of copyright infringment on this list / a member of this
list, yet are commiting a violation themselves.  Delorean Texas does
not own PJ Grady and Delorean Moter Center and cannot just stash them
in their website code so they can place higher in search results.
Having designed websites for many companies, I can vouch for this post
with experience and not guess-work.

I have pasted their meta tag code below for everyone to see.  I'm sure
others here will agree with me on this.  Steven or James, if you are
reading this, perhaps you should consiter removing this content off
your site as to not infringe on anyone's trademark.

-Aaron Crocco
VIN 5591
NY Plate: OUTATYM

Meta code from Delorean.com:

<META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="DeLorean, De Lorean, John Delorean, John Z.
DeLorean, delorean sales, delorean parts, delorean service, restoration,
stainless steel, gullwing, ireland, belfast, complete, texas, houston,
international, worldwide, source, repair, expert, service, national,
delivery, mail order, stephen wynne, james espey, warehouse, kapac, delorean
parts depot, delorean one, pj grady, p.j. Grady, delorean motor center">