[DML] Repair your auto shifter sliding cover

[DML] Repair your auto shifter sliding cover

I was looking at some of the vehicles on eBay, and I noticed someone's
automatic had a damaged sliding cover over their automatic gear
shift... it looked pretty torn up.

When I obtained my DeLorean, my gear shift cover was a bit scratched
up, had a split down the center, and just looked bad (but not as bad
as the eBay one).  So, I'm writing the list to share my very simple
fix for this*.  Maybe even the auction winner will read this.  :-)

1)Buy a black vinyl / plastic pocket folder from anywhere kid's school
supplies are sold.
2)Unscrew the necessary parts to pull up the gear shift cover plate.
3)Slide out the damaged plastic sliding cover... it should be
removable from one of the slotted ends.
4)Trace its outline onto a continuously flat area of the folder using
an  exacto knife or your favorite fine cutting instrument.
5)Complete the cutting.  Don't forget the hole in the middle for the
gear shift itself.
6)Cram it back where you got it and reassemble the gear shift.
7)Enjoy.

*I have the early style shifter, hopefully this will work for either
version.  YMMV.

--Greg