[DML] Frozen speedo cable?

Hi everyone, got another little pest here. I've had my car now on
the road since early Jan, and put maybe 300 miles on it. However the
other day going to school my speedomoter stoped working, its the new
one from PJ Gardys so I don't think it would have failed so soon it
only has around 1,000 miles on before and after the conversion to a
5-speed. But can it be the cold weather causeing this? I had it out
a total of of 1hr and even after the car heated it up it still
didn't work. I don't have a way to test it right now with the snow,
but can it possibly just freez?
Thanks Darryl
VIN 5898