[DML] Re: 3 post idle microswitch

Before this goes any further I would like to clarify something.

I posted my question before going outside into the cold temperatures
to attach the switch in hopes of receiving a two line answer. Not to
be berated and have asumptions made toward my intelligence and common
sense.

I DID call John Hervey and DID leave him a message. I also called 2
other times that day and did not leave a message, so as to not fill
his answering machine with garbage. I know he is there 7 days a week,
so on and so forth. I knew he WOULD get back to me in good time but I
had limited time and needed to get the job finished.

I decided the man might be busy elsewhere so I posted here. Life
happens.

I didn't need to do all of the troubleshooting with a multimeter
since the answer was already available. One of you had to have it.

I also didn't want to risk connecting it incorrectly because I didn't
know what damage could occur if it was done wrong. The "experts"
would. Instead of getting a 2 line answer from the so
called "experts", I get a truckload of insults from my fellow
Delorean owners, both publicly and privately. Which is absolutely
uncalled for.

Section 2 of the DMLrules reads:
"Topics should deal with anything concerning owning, fixing, driving,
restoring, detailing, or anything else tangential with what it takes
to live with these unique and affordable automobiles."

I have read these rules. Nowhere does it state that a question has to
pass some sort of technical threshold before it should be asked. If
there is a milestone that should be crossed before bothering all of
the "experts", I ask that the rules be modified to reflect it.

Section 2 also reads:
"The decision of the moderator as to what is obscene, intolerant,or
not in keeping with 'spirit' of the list is final."

I ask the moderators, "What is the 'Spirit' of the list? I certainly
can't say I have come away from this with a good feeling.

I ask all of you who decide to reply to this to please be adults
about it. Remember, the question that started this whole thing
required nothing more than a single sentence answer. I don't think I
am being unreasonable in asking for respectful replies.

I would also like to clarify that my need for a quick answer,
Saturday, in no way reflects poorly on John Hervey's "SpecialTauto"
service. He is always the number one person I call when I need parts.

Cain Grimes
002835

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty@xxxx>