Re: [DML] More problems found (was Piston rings + sleeves)

Re: [DML] More problems found (was Piston rings + sleeves)

Some places to check for vacuum leaks:
Fuel injector seals
The air pipe that goes underneath into the mixture unit for the idle
motor and the "O" ring seal it fits through
The "O" ring seals between the intake manifold and the heads
All the gaskets and seals on the induction system
Any old, hard, cracked vacuum hoses
The hole over the mixture screw
Any stripped or broken bolts that prevent you from sealing things up right
Go over the routing and connections of all the vacuum hoses. You
cannot assume you did things right by putting them back as you found
them, they may not have been hooked up correctly in the first place.
Check the line going to the brake booster and the booster itself for
vacuum leaks.
Check the vacuum line going from the resovoir to the mode switch and
Check the lines to the resovoir and the resovoir itself.
If you have an automatic check the line going to the modulater.
In short go over ALL of the vacuum system.
The rough running could be a bad spark plug wire or one that is not
snapped on right.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757