[DML] Questions Re: B280 .... Im so confused (DMC Joe)

[DML] Questions Re: B280 .... Im so confused (DMC Joe)

Since the owners I've been in contact with are looking primarily for
experimentation, temporary removal of the engine cover shouldn't be a
problem. They just need something to bolt up.

An adapter may indeed be necessary to mate the carb. I even had to
make one to mate a Motorcraft 2150 to my A Series manifold (see the
pics in #5939's photo album). This is actually a very easy task --
aluminum is easier to work with than oak. I used plain steel hole saws
and bits in my router to knock it out in less than a day.

A couple of questions from your B280:

How are the injectors sealed? I am recommending 3/8" or 10mm bolts in
stock boots to cap off the B28 head bungs. Would something similar
work in the manifold?

How is the throttle assembly mated to the manifold? That entrance to
the central air passage would of course need to be blocked off. Does
it look possible to do so with a simple plate & gasket?

Would you be willing to pop the intake off and measure the diameter of
its head mating ports?

Thanks!

Bill Robertson

>--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe@xxxx> wrote:
>
> Bill and Alex,
>
> Bill first,
>
>  I was bale to locate some information
> http://robskorner.org/faqs/3litrefaqs/3litrefaqs.html that may be
useful to
> you concerning the Chrysler intake manifold. I just looked at by
B280 and
> one of the problems the I see with a carb modification is height.
The flat