RE: [DML] Questions Re: B280 .... Im so confused.

RE: [DML] Questions Re: B280 .... Im so confused.

Bill and Alex,

Bill first,

 I was bale to locate some information
http://robskorner.org/faqs/3litrefaqs/3litrefaqs.html that may be useful to
you concerning the Chrysler intake manifold. I just looked at by B280 and
one of the problems the I see with a carb modification is height. The flat
sections at the top of the B280 are only about 2" wide, not wide enough for
carb mounting. You could maintain the Chrysler upper plenum but by the time
your finished mounting a carb and fresh air intake you would be well above
the engine cover. You could cut a hole in the cover or completely remove it.
With that set up you would be able to watch your carbs at work while your
driving, through your rear view mirror.

If you need more details on the B280 let me know, I have one in my garage.

To Alex,

You asked: "And are intake manifolds difficult to get"?

No, they are readily available. Bill is looking for B280 intake manifolds
which are very hard to find.

You also asked: "Is the PRV6 a good engine or not?"
The PRV 6 is an excellent engine. I believe Bill is just looking for an
alternative fuel delivery system.

DMC Joe