[DML] Super Charged PRV

Hi all,

I am currently in the middle of fitting a supercharger to my engine.
I have done ALOT of reasearch into the possible fuel delivery
problems, detonation etc etc. I went to the extent of talking to a
performance shop who had the software to do predicted fuel flows
graphs working off the current known preasures, injector flows, boost
preasures etc.

In the end i decided without modification to the K-jetronic to
enrichen the mixture at higher rmp it would be more than possible but
probibly not desirable for the chance of it maybe leaning out too
much and causing engine damage.
I have seen this first hand on a subaru WRX that came in for a miss
at idle and slight smoke under boost. All the guy had done was put a
HUGE exhaust on it off the turbo and under high boost it had leaned
out and melted a hole in the side of the piston! I had seen a
thousand other cars with the same exhaust and never a problem.

As my fuel system was needing alot of money spending on it anyway i
decided to strip the entire system off including fuel lines and
replace to whole lot with an EFI set up. I have had to modify some
injectors to sitt inside the head as far as the originals and i had
some costom rails manufactured. I will be purchasing an adjustable
preasure regulator and probibly a microtech control module which will
also have full control over the distributor timing. (i had to
disconnect the vaccum advance and weld the bob weights up)
I will be making a custom manifold and i have a GM 3.8 litre throttle
body with a throttle position sensor already attatched. I will also
be fitting a bosch 'boost return valve' to the intake side, so under
decelleration and at idle it will re-circulate the boost so the
engine unlike most after market super chargers will not be 'boosting'
all the time, lightening the load on the engine.

I am fitting an Eaton M45 blower due to the fact i already had it. If
i hadn't for ease of fitting i would go with the same style as the
one pictured on the web. Due to the nature of the Eaton i will be
bringing the intake around the back of the engine and have a K&N
filter sitting vertically inbetween the now empty valley and sucking
air from the void inbetween the engine cover and the rear louvers (
the engine cover will need a hole cutting in it for this). As for the
bottom pulley i am having one the original one modified so i can
attatch another one to the front of it.

I hope for this to be almost finished in the next 6-9 months along
with my RHD conversion and complete restoration, didnt realise the
size of the job when i started! You can see a few progress pictures
on the Australian Delorean web site

www.zeta.org.au/~lanceh/owners/nsw/holden.htm

Cheers Nick 10927

Message: 21