[DML] Re: Super Charged PRV

>From the curve you can see that a supercharger is better at the lower
end of the chart but falls off towards the upper end. The turbo comes
in slower but peaks higher at the higher rpm's. It would be very
interesting to compare how the twin turbo looks. I would guess it
comes in a little lower, faster and has a smoother (and possibly
higher) peak. Superchargers are not as effective at the higher RPM's
as a turbo. Turbos are not as effective at the lower end of the curve.
Turbos give more peak horsepower and superchargers tend to give you
more torque. It would be nice to also be able to see the torque charts
as they compare to horsepower. The biggest drawback to a supercharger
is the difficulty in mounting it and powering it. There is a little
more flexablity with a turbocharger. This supercharger install sounds
like a "blow-through" where the turbos are a "pull-through". The
supercharger pushes air into the mixture unit and the turbos pull it
in. This points out the flexabilty of the fuel system to accomodate
different kinds of mods without a lot of changes to the fuel system
itself. In all cases the boost must be limited so you don't blow the
motor up and the timing must be changed to prevent detonation. It
would also be interesting to see what effect intercoolers have and how
much it improves the engine. We need someone to donate a lot of time
on a dyno!!!!!
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757