Re: [DML] CIS, abbreviation for what? (Was: Re: idle speed regulator)

Re: [DML] CIS, abbreviation for what? (Was: Re: idle speed regulator)

Here are the first 5 sites that I found that say CIS stands for
Continuous Injection System. I found none that said anything about idle
speed. The K-Jetronics is a fuel injection system, oftne associated with
"CIS". Since the fuel injection system has absolutely NOTHING to do with
idle speed, which is an air-valve, it seems very unlikely to me that
"CIS" has anything to do with idle speed.
Also, is there a bold alternate fuel injection system called "RFIS"- with
"Randomly Fluctuating Idle Speed"?

Bill, you should recheck your acronyms, i think you have made a mistake.
Even if your book does say exactly what you're saying, it is possible
that it is wrong as well.

www.aircooledtech.com/CIS_injection/
"The acronym CIS stands for "Continuous Injection System". "

www.peugeotclub.org/peugeot/archive/General/2000/Oct/0055.html
"CIS stands for Continous Injection system and K-Jetronic is Bosch's
name for such system"

www.audifans.com/archives/1999/04/msg00305.html
"the CI in CIS stands for continuous injection"

www.c2turbo.com/ forums/showthread.php?goto=newpost&threadid=511
"CIS stands for Continuous Injection System"

www.fortunecity.com/silverstone/subaru/1/CIS/
"CIS stands for Continuous Injection System"

Jim
1537

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 05:16:14 -0000 "content22207"
<brobertson@xxxx> writes:
> Your misidentification is actually quite common:
>
> CI -- "Continuous Injection"
> CIS -- "Constant Idle Speed"
>
> These are Bosch's terms, adopted by Peugot, Renault, and Volvo.

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!