Re: [DML] The Latest Issue of DW from DOA

Re: [DML] The Latest Issue of DW from DOA

However, the car has not evolved that way. Many of us
feel the DOA does not serve our needs, so we choose
not to participate.

The shame is that for the "Average Joe" who's first
exposure to the DeLorean Experience is though the DOA,
they are likely to be turned off by it. This is my
only objection to the DOA, because they do try and
preset themselves as the official DeLorean group.
(Much as some vendors try to present themselves as the
official source of parts and service).

If all of the average Joe DeLorean owners were to sell
today, and only to "Elite" types, you can watch the
price of your car fall to its stainless steel scrap
value.

The DOA should be thankful that the Internet has
become so active in keeping the dream alive, and has
allowed the "average Joe" to learn about the real
ownership experience. Without it, I suspect REAL
values would be somewhat less than what they are now.

I note (Randal), your Email address is "MARTYDMC". Is
this a BTTF reference? I never saw Doc Brown as the
"Elite" type that you speak of. I suspect most Elite
owners don't like BTTF references? The evolution of
who owns DeLoreans (and why) NOW can be directly
linked to those of us that grew up with BTTF, and were
the first generation to enter the workforce and not be
afraid of computers (we embrace the Internet).

<SNIP>