From: James Espey <james@xxxx>
Date: Sat Jul 31, 1999 9:10pm
Subject: [DML] Re: VINs (was Were the 17000 series originally the
12000?)

I looked under some headliners on the 82 and 83's we have here in
the shop:

VIN 11004 JAN 82 - says V11004 on both doors, under the headliner
VIN 16328 AUG 82 - says V11328 on both doors, under the headliner
VIN 16428 AUG 82 - says V11428 on both doors, under the headliner

What I want to know now is, Ray Haug owns 16348 AUG 82 - what's under
his headliner? Also, Bryan Pearce owns 11529 JAN 82 - the way the
doors are marked on 16328 and 16428, you'd think his would be 16529,
not 11529. In fact, Knut, owns 16344, have you ever had your
headliners off and looked?

The story grows more curious...