[DML] Re: DeLorean speedometers: A new approach

[DML] Re: DeLorean speedometers: A new approach

Nick - I have an aftermarket cruise control in Winged1. It uses a
series of magnets attached in a band around one of the half-shafts,
along with a sensor. I used a strip of steel bar, bent into an "L"
shape. One end is bolted to an available threaded hole in the side
of the transmission case, and the other holds the sensor about 1/8
inches away from the magnet band. Works very well. The same method
could be used for any similar device. This brings to mind the
obvious question ... the cruise control uses a signal to maintain a
preset speed. Why can't you use that signal for a electro-
mechanical resolver input to drive the stock speedo? Martin G.? If
anybody can dream something up, it's you!

Toby Peterson VIN 2248 (Winged1)
DeLorean Parts Northwest, LLC
www.delorean-parts.com