Frozen Comments

I too thought I would get my D out into the cold. Here in NJ the
temp was up to 12F (record lows) but the sun was out and otherwise
beautiful.

First I noticed the door struts were like they weren't even there. I
had gotten some new ones from DMCH for Christmas so on they went.
They work great - however - if anyone has a bent strut mount from
once having had a strut that was too long, these new ones may not
install on the car without doing the repair to straighten the mount.
The mounting receptacle on the strut is cut at an angle, unlike the
ones from the past, and the strut will not angle or move back enough
to mount on the door pin. Mine was really close and it is clear that
I should probably do the repair on my driver's door.

After about 25 miles of fun countryside driving, on my way back to
the house, I was thinking to myself everything seems in good order,
the speedometer was still working fine - that's great, when, at that
very moment, clunk, the needle feel like a rock to the peg. I guess
an angle drive is in my future.

When I got home I began to check around, you know the routine, and I
noticed the plastic end tanks on the radiator were seeping, ugh! Now
to lock/unlock the D with the auto lock - and the passenger side
will not unlock without help. Something it never did in warmer
weather.

My lesson? Colder weather, especially the record low kind, may be
hazardous to your D's health.

Harold McElraft - 3354