From: DMCVIN6683 [mailto:dmcvin6683@xxxx]
Sent: Saturday, January 10, 2004 5:26 PM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [DML] MANUAL SHIFTING (5spd)

I know there are a number of shift patterns today but they all seem to
rest in the middle of the neutral position of every new car i have
driven and every old car i have driven. I never had a cars shifter rest
anywhere but the middle of neutral.

For any unfamiliar drivers should be told of all of the different
things to find on any car no matter if it is a Delorean or ford escort,
thats how things get broken if the drivers are not told!

Mark

On Saturday, January 10, 2004, at 03:48 PM, deloreanernst@xxxx wrote:

> In a message dated 1/10/04 4:28:10 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> samuel_yahoo@xxxx writes:
>

>> Do you drive any other manuals? Any manual I've driven requires you to
>> move left to get to 1st and 2nd and right to get to 5th. This is the
>> standard form for manual to operate.
>
> There are a number of shift patterns in the road today. What I
> learned a
> stick shift on went to the junkyard decades ago! Still, it'd be nice
> if the
> "lift" showed on the knob diagram for unfamiliar drivers. When I take
> my D to the
> shop, I always remind them how it shifts into reverse... and how to
> close the
> engine cover!
> -Wayne
> 11174

> moderators@xxxx

> www.dmcnews.com

> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

> http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Come see all of my Photo's at my Website.
http://photos.yahoo.com/snextime

moderators@xxxx

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews

Yahoo! Groups Links