Re: [DML] MANUAL SHIFTING (5spd)

I had a case where my shifter would not lift. It appeared to me the shifter
had been adjusted to allow it to kind-of-work without lifting it to go into
reverse. As time progressed it got to the point where I could get it into
reverse but not 5th.

I removed the plate and used a big wrench and lots of penetration oil to
free it up the shifter. Once it was freed and lubricated it became very
easy to lift.

Also, keep in mind it takes very little movement in the cable (one turn is a
lot) to align the shifter.

Ed
10541