Re: angle drive zerk grease fitting?

The threads do match up to a zerk fitting but the angle drive is made
out of soft metal so you can force it to fit. The bigger issue is that
you can develop a lot of pressure with a grease gun and if you are not
careful you will blow the side right off. IMHO it is better to use the
screw and a small hand powered grease gun with a blunt tip. This way
you can't put too much presure into the angle drive. Also a zerk
fitting will hold the pressure inside, if you use the screw the
pressure is released when you remove the hand greaser. For a job that
is done infrequently just be careful not to lose the screw.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757