RE: [DML] Repairs

ignition sw:
yes... I've broken off my own key in the ignition. I was not able to remove
the piece without disassembly on this car.
There are many little parts to watch out for.
Here are the basic steps-- it's been a while so I may miss a few details:
1. remove the whole ignition assembly from column-- it's not worth the
hassle to try and do this on the column.
2. drill a tiny hole a few mm down next to roll pin and pry pin up. Or, use
any other method you know/love to pry a roll pin up.
3. I think there is a face cap to take off. Ease it off and don't tear it,
it is soft metal. A ball bearing will fall out. It just sits in the front
end to make the cylinder slide back to retract the column bolt.
4. The cylinder should be able to pull out now. There is a spring and
square-ish piece under there.
5. Using stick pins, paper clips, and other small metal pieces you can
separate the wafers in the key way and push the key piece out from behind
(the tip). Or, pull the front wafers and springs out (being careful to watch
the order and location) and then remove the broken piece.
6. Re-assemble and test. Watch alignment, make sure the bearing is in the
right place and the cylnder does go back and retract the column bolt.
7. Put roll pin back in, and if the hole is too big, then a little JB Weld
might be in order but only to hold the pin in.

Angle drive-
It seems this just needed some elbow grease to come off. I was little
hesitant also, but once I got over it and applied some force the wrench it
came off easy enough.

-Kevin (not Ken... :)