Re: Rack & Pinion determination-Grady Reply

Re: Rack & Pinion determination-Grady Reply

It is not that I (talkstogod) am "ignoring" posts from
everyone-especially George Caprita's (other's past experiences in
purchasing parts and their feedback on the quality are always welcome
and appreciated), and I am really not posting on
the list to find out who makes the best of the best rack and pinions
and make everyone argue about it-I am simply trying to gather as many
A CROSS-REFERENCE to the DeLorean bearing. I previously found it hard
to believe that these bearings were hard to find because of the large
volume of normal people(-**not vender-who I suspected to have a stock
of these parts!!**-)regular-every day people like myself and many on
this list-trying to sell me racks and take mine as a core to fix and
resell. This led me to believe these people were finding parts to
these racks & pinions and I wanted to get in on where-in order to fix
my own without having to spend so much in these hard time of money
troubles. It seems as though now, the more I dig, the more I find
these bearings are hard to remake or find a duplicate of. Also, in
response to Rob Grady, if I would have clicked on PJ Grady's rack &
pinion and read all the information about how the parts were all
remade etc, this would have prompted me to spend my money on that
particular one (Now that I cannot find my bearing, I will spend my
money (when I save up that amount) there knowing the craftsmanship). I
have not read this information anywhere on the site and didn't even
know about this until now. No one knows what kind of time and money
you put into your parts if you don't provide it to them clearly-I
recommend you post the information just like you did here on how much
money and time you spent on these rack & pinions on your website so
everyone will see this when they are interested in your racks, and not
just that they are getting some rebuilt unit. If you don't tell people
what kind of quality they are getting-if they are just seeing it is a
"Rebuild Steering Rack & Pinion" -they will go from vender to vender
seeking the lowest price. I hope you all understand the intentions of
my original post seeking a X-ref, sorry for any confusion.