Re: Ruined engine

Without being there and actually seeing the situation my advice is to
drill a LARGE hole now and tap it. Get a piece of round aluminum
stock and have it threaded to go into the hole. Using some type of
sealing compound, screw it in and cut off and grind flush. Now
position the manifold on the engine and locate the bolt hole with a
transfer punch. Drill and tap for the bolt being careful not to go too
deep. This should help you out. Welding is not an option since you
cannot weld inside the hole. The hardest part is getting the angle
right. You may have to find the services of a local machinist, this
can be done with the engine in the car.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757