Re: Taking Delorean Out of Storage

Remove the fuel pump and boot, remove ALL the fuel SAFELY and if it
still smells OK you can burn it in another car. Add a little at a time
to a 1/2 full tank and use it up. If it smells real bad take it to a
gas station for proper disposal. With the fuel pump and boot out
examine the bottom of the fuel tank and clean it thourghly. Check the
baffles and pick-up hose, it shouldn't be soft and collapable and the
baffles should not be broken, out of place or improperly assembled. Be
careful reinstalling so you don't kink the pick-up hose. You should
only run 91 octane or higher (higher doesn't do anything but cost
more). Check the oil level and coolant level before starting. Make
sure there is no air in the system so check the bleeder screw on the
thermostat. Watch the oil pressure when starting up and the first
moments. After that watch the temperature and make sure the fans start
up. Once you get it warmed up drain the engine oil and change the filter.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757