Re: The Great DeLorean Key Disaster

Look for Jesser Keys. They specialize in ALL things automotive. They
also advertise in Hemmings motor news and are at all the large car
shows. The codes can be read off of a good working key and sometimes
are found under the headliner on the driver's door. Of course any good
locksmith can cut keys, they usually maintain their copying machines
better than a hardware store. Try not to make copies from a copy, you
should have an origional put away and not used so you can copy it in
the future, cutting a key by code is usually more expensive.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "dmcyoseppi" <dmcyoseppi@xxxx> wrote:
> Where would one mail keys to to have them "cut" by code? What
> necessary info would be needed? I have 2 Deloreans and I am tempting
> fate by only having one working set for each. Have plenty of blanks,
> but every time I try to use a hardware store they cut them with to
> sharpe an edge to the keys and it will not turn in the cylinders. I
> would rather just use my remaining DMC blanks and have them cut by a
> pro. So where would I need to send them along with what information?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Joe O'Brien

[long quote trimmed by moderator]