Re: Low temp on guage

It could be that the temp gauge just isn't that accurate. Get a
thermometer or an infra-red temp indicator and check the coolant. It
should get to around 200 degrees when the motor is warmed up. Check it
at the otterstadt switch with the infra-red indicator if you have it
or if you are checking the coolant in the header bottle with a
thermometer it should be around 160-180. Of course this will vary
depending on the ambient temperature. You may have a loose connection
on the temperature sending unit. Remove the wire and make sure it is
clean and grips the terminal on the sender tightly. The sender is
located on the front of the engine on the right hand cylinder head up
by the firewall. It is not good for the engine to run too cold. All
the clearances are set up for it to operate at around 200 degrees. The
temperature is also controled by the otterstadt switch. Some run too
hot and some run too cold. You may have to replace it. Also the fans
MUST cycle. They are not supposed to run continuosly except when the
A/C is on and even then they cycle on and off with the compressor. The
fans should not cycle because of the circuit breaker. If you have the
origional 35 AMP in then upgrade to the 40 AMP.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757