Re: [DML] Interesting problem with battery.

Re: [DML] Interesting problem with battery.

In a message dated 12/25/03 1:30:53 PM Central Standard Time,
hispanicangeleyes@xxxx writes:
My question - what the heck happened? Did I just not ever tighten it down
right the last SEVEN attempts? Did I just not get a good connection? Was my
battery on its last leg? Can someone give me a tip to two to keep from
establishing a channel so I don't see those sparks again..? Would the battery kill
switch save me this aggravation?

I was very happy to see my car behave, but I don't want to go through that
again.
If it won't tighten down all the way, you obviously stripped the bolts for
the battery and should replace them - in fact, the battery ITSELF could be
stripped, and you might need a new battery or else you'll never get a straight,
tight connection. consider replacing the cables too, and save yourself the
aggravation of ANOTHER thing to try to F* with while fixing all the other problems
on the car. a battery switch will keep you from ever having to remove the
cables again, reducing the likelihood of restripping new parts. spend the money
and fix it once the RIGHT way and don't worry about it again, that's my motto.

BTW, i still suggest you do as much work as possible on your car yourself
before you send it out to a vendor. you will learn so much more about your car
and you will become an authority in your own right, not to mention get a lot
more work done for less money (but at the expense of needing more time).

Andy